Terms & Conditions
Your commitment to us
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Skylark Garden Centre and yourself.
No contract exists between you and Skylark Garden Centre for the sale of any tickets until we have received and accepted your order and received payment in full. Once cleared funds are received, there is a binding contract between us.
The description and price of tickets you order will be shown on the Skylark Garden Centre website at the time you place your order. Prices are in UK Sterling and inclusive of any applicable taxes with there are no surcharges whatsoever. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tickets.
Prices displayed on the site are subject to change without notice. We accept most major credit and debit cards in partnership with our payment gateway.
We regret but we cannot refund your tickets for any reason. Please check your tickets before you finalise the payment.
To ensure that your online shopping experience is secure, your credit / debit card details will be encrypted on a secure server to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
Limitation of Liability
Skylark Garden Centres total liability for in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods.
The limitation on any exclusion from liability contained in these conditions shall be subject to the provisions of second 2(1) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
Skylark Garden Centre will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet and Communication outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations.
Season tickets are only for the summer season and cannot be used for any other event. You will receive your season ticket upon your first visit. The children pictured own the ticket and can be accompanied by any adult. The number of visitors cannot exceed those stated on the card.
National Garden Gift Voucher Sales
National Garden Gift Voucher gift cards are valid for the purchase or part purchase of goods in participating garden retailers across the UK.
Details of where you can spend your gift card can be found at nationalgardengiftvoucher.co.uk/store-locator
National Garden Gift Voucher gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. It is at the individual retailer’s discretion what gift cards can be spent on and whether gift cards can be used against sale items.
National Garden Gift Voucher gift cards have an expiry date 30 months (2½ years) from the date of purchase. Expired National Garden Gift Voucher gift cards cannot be exchanged, replaced or have their expiry date extended.
The National Garden Gift Voucher scheme is operated by the Horticultural Trades Association, (Horticulture House, Chilton, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0RN).
If you have any further queries, please email email@example.com or call 0333 003 3550.
*Full terms and conditions for the National Garden Gift Voucher scheme are available from the Horticultural Trades Association upon request.
RULES OF SKYLARK LAKES
- All anglers must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence
- For the care and safety of the fish all anglers must have a suitable cradle or cushioned unhooking mat with sides.
- All anglers must have a large enough landing net (minimum size 42”)
- All anglers must have suitable equipment for fish safety and care, to include a large enough weigh/retaining sling, forceps if needed, and an antiseptic fish care spray to be used accordingly.
- No poles, No braided main line (only braid on spod and marker rods), lead core or leaders of any kind, including shock leaders.
- Maximum size hook to be used is size 4, minimum line breaking strain is 15lb. Only Micro barbed hooks to be used.
- No lines to be left in the water unattended, the absolute maximum distance being away from the swim is 10 metres.
- There is a strict 3 Rod limit per angler.
- No unnecessary handling of fish, once weighed, photographed, please return the fish to the water as quicky and carefully as possible, ensuring you hold the fish in an upright position until recovered sufficiently to swim away. No standing with Fish.
- In the interests of safety and public liability risk, wading and the use of boats is prohibited.
- The use of keepnets is strictly forbidden for the retention of any fish.
- Swims are to be kept tidy and all rubbish to be taken home, this includes cigarette butt’s tea bags etc.
- No BBQs or open fires.
- No trespassing on any surrounding land.
- All cars/vans etc to be parked in the car parks and all equipment is to be carried or barrowed to your swim. Under no circumstances are you allowed to drive around the lakes to drop off or pick up tackle.
- Dogs are allowed on site, but must be kept on a under control, not bother other anglers, wildlife or enter the water. Any dog mess must be bagged and taken away from the fishery.
- There is a 10mph strict speed limit on site, do not exceed.
- Music, Radio, Phone noise must be kept to a minimum level of sound, so as to not be heard by others.
- No anglers must climb trees, cut back or disturb any vegetation on or around the lakes.
- Strictly No swimming.
- All anglers should minimise the disturbance to other anglers.
- No children under the age of 16 can fish unless accompanied by an adult over 21.
- If you see anybody acting inappropriately, please inform a bailiff.
- All anglers must ensure that the gate is locked behind them (when entering and leaving the site) Do not leave the gate open for other anglers.
- All anglers must display a permit in the front windscreen of the vehicle and always have one on their person.
- Only anglers who have booked and in possession of a permit are allowed on site.
- A Non fishing guest accompanying an angler i.e., wife, partner or child can only come on site by prior arrangement. The permit holder will be responsible for their guest and must accompany them on and off site.
- All fishing equipment such as nets, mats slings to be dipped in antiseptic solution and rinsed before commencement of fishing.
- Under no circumstances bring a fish sack onto the fishery. Having one in your possession will lead to an instant ban.
- Anglers fishing at Skylark Fishery do so at their OWN RISK. The owners do not accept any liability for injury, damage, or theft of angler’s property.
- Anybody being abusive towards bailiffs/staff will be told to leave site.
If the correct tackle is not used, you will be asked to leave.
Skylark Fishery wants everyone to enjoy fishing on the lakes. But anybody breaking or not adhering to the rules including drinking excessive alcohol, taking drugs or anti-social behaviour that may cause upset or disrupt other anglers will be asked to immediately cease fishing and leave site without refund.